Do you own the latest flagship of xiaomi-Mi Mix 2S? Then you can follow this simple guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S now.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S-another follow-up to the Mi Mix series. The device features a 5.9-inch display with a front panel and screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels and runs on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo. The Mi Mix 2S is equipped with a Kyo 385 octa-core processor with 2.8 GHz and 6 GB of RAM. In addition, the device has an Adreno 630 GPU with 64GB of internal storage.
So let's move on the subject. In this guide, we described the best way to easily install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. All you have to do is follow the instructions carefully.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2SAs of now, the official TWRP recovery is not available for Mi Mix 2S. However, a member of the Xiaomi EU Forum-ingbrzy has introduced the unofficial TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, which allows you to complete most TWRP recovery tasks easily and easily. However, if you are looking for an official TWRP recovery, you may have to wait a few weeks for the official build to be released by the TWRP team.
So let's go first with the "Requirements and Downloads" section.
- We strongly recommend that you fully secure your data as it will delete your device.
- Charge the phone 60% to avoid sudden shutdown.
- Make sure your Mi Mix 2S has unlocked the boot loader. Follow our guide to unlocking the boot loader on Xiaomi devices.
- Enable OEM unlock mode and USB debugging mode on your Xiaomi phone.
- Also install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC.
Once you've done all the points listed above, you can install TWRP on Mi Mix 2S.
Steps to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Download TWRP from the link above.
- After downloading, extract the ZIP file (TWRP _ polaris.zip) from your desktop.
- Copy the TWRP image file (twrp.img) and transfer it to folder C: adb.
- Now, with the right button, click on a blank spot in the ADB folder.
- In the options you select "open PowerShell window here ."
- Turn off your Mi Mix 2S completely and start fast-boat mode by holding down the volume on/off button for a few seconds.
- As soon as the device switches to fast-start mode, connect it to the PC using the USB cable.
- Finally, enter the following command line to install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Done. Don't restart your Mi Mix 2S now because the TWRP recovery will be replaced by standard recovery.
Format data partition
- Start TWRP recovery. To do this, hold down the Lauter + on/off button for a few seconds.
- Tap "swipe " > "Format data ."
- Enter and enter "Yes" into the required box.
- That's it. Now follow the following instructions for the Flash Magisk ZIP file to root the device.
Steps to Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S roots with Magisk
- Download Magisk's flash-enabled ZIP file from the link above.
- After downloading, transfer it to an easily accessible location on your device.
- Start the Mi Mix 2S in TWRP recovery mode with the unique combination of buttons described above.
- Once the device switches to the TWRP home screen, tap "install ."
- Browse and select Magisk's flashable ZIP file (Magisk-v16.3.zip).
- Finally, move the button at the bottom of the screen to root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S with Magisk.
When the flashing process is complete, click the "Reboot system " button to restart the Xiaomi device normally. Bingo, now your Xiaomi phone is successfully rooted. Now you can enjoy all the hidden features.
If you run into problems installing TWRP Recovery and rooting Mi Mix 2S, you can write a comment below.