Many people asked how to activate USB debugging for MIUI 8/9 and other versions. In this post, I have written a step-by-step guide with proper screenshots.
This is the simple guide for those who already know about USB debugging and developer options. If you didn't know about it, this guide is useful to you.
It works on almost all Xiaomi devices, including Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Xioami Mi 5, 5C and other devices.
Why do you need to activate USB debugging on your Xiaomi device?You need to enable this option if you need to unlock your device's boot loader. You want to install the twrp recovery or custom recovery on your phone.
And there are many features available in the Developer Option. We need to activate this to be able to follow the ADB and fastboat commands.
Steps to enable USB debugging at MIUI OS
- Open the setting of your Xiaomi device.
- Go to About Phone.
- Tap 7-8 times in the MIUI version. Until it activates developer options.
- Go back to Settings and select More Settings.
- Select the Developer Option now.
- Scroll down and activate USB debugging by moving this button.
- Also, enable OEM Unlock if you want to unlock the boot loader of your Xiaomi device.
That's it! You have successfully activated the USB debugging in MIUI 7/8/9. Now you can use ADB commands and use this for further Android development.
So this was the simple guide to activating USB debugging on Xiaomi phones with appropriate screenshots. If you like this, don't forget to share on social media. Also use this comments box with your feedback.