Welcome to our website. In this article we learn how to root xiaomi redmi 6A device. And with that, we also learn to unlock boot loaders from 6A and install TWRP recovery on redmi 6A.
Since its launch, 6A has been one of the best low-cost smartphones on the market with power-back features. It comes with a Helio A22 quad-core processor that gives us excellent computing power with a clock rate of up to 2.0 GHz. With the powerful processor, it has 2GB of main memory (RAM) that makes it easy to run most apps and games.
This device has an internal memory of 16GB, which can be expanded to 256 GB with the microSD card. That being said, this device features a 5.45-inch full-screen display, a 13-megapixel rear camera with 5-megapixel selfie camera and a 3000 mAh battery.
By rooting your 6A device, you become its superuser. This unlocks many features for you that are disabled for users without root-eligibility.
So let's start with the process.
Steps to Root Xioami Redmi 6A & Install TWRP Recovery:
Read this information carefully before you begin the process.
- If you root the device, the warranty will expire.
- Charge your device well. It is recommended to charge the device to more than 80%.
- To avoid a loss, create a proper backup of your data.
Download the files below that are required for the root process.
- Download the Xioami Redmi 6A USB driver and install it on your computer.
- Activate USB debugging on your redmi 6A device.
- Download the SuperSU.Zip file and store it in your device's internal memory.
- Download lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and store it in your device's internal memory.
To understand the root process very well, we have divided it into 3 different steps. You must follow these in the order below.
Step I - Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 6A:
It is very important to unlock a boot loader before a xiaomi device is rooted. Because you can't root your xiaomi device without unlocking the boot loader. Therefore, read the instructions below and unlock the boot loader of your redmi 6A device.
Step II - Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6A:
Once you've unlocked the boot loader, you can install TWRP Recovery on your redmi 6A device. Follow these steps to successfully install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
1. First, download the USB drivers and install them on your Windows computer. Without them, your device won't connect to your computer in recovery mode.
2. Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 6A Device to your computer now. And renamed the downloaded recovery file twrp.imp.
3. Now find the downloaded recovery file. Then select it and press the switch button with the right button at the same time. You'll see a menu list where you select "Open command window here " (see illustration below). A prompt window is displayed.
4. Now connect your Redmi 6A device to the computer with an original USB cable.
5. Then enter the following command to check if your device is plugged in or not.
If your device doesn't show up, it means the USB drivers aren't installed properly. So install them properly. And if you see your device, you can continue.
6. Then enter the following command to start the device in fast-start mode.
fastboot reboot bootloader
You can manually start your redmi 6A device in fast-start mode. First, turn off the device and then hold down the on/off button and volume button for a few seconds.
7. Then use this command to install twrp recovery permanent on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Now wait for the process to complete. It usually takes less than 10 seconds for the recovery to complete with Twrp.
Now is the time to launch your device in Twrp recovery mode. Once your device has ramped up into Twrp recovery mode, you can flash SuperSu to get root permissions.
Step III - Root Redmi 6A By Installing SuperSU & LazyFlasher:
The next step is rooting the phone by flashing SuperSU and LazyFlasher, which we put down in our internal device storage. If you don't download it into internal storage, you can transfer it by connecting your device to a computer using a USB cable.
1. Start your redmi 6A device in Twrp recovery mode. First, turn off your redmi 6A device and then hold down the on/off button and the wider button for a few seconds.
2. Now choose the "install" option from the Twrp menus.
3. Then browse the internal memory and select the "SuperSU.zip" file.
4. Then swipe your finger to the right over the "Swipe the Lightning" button. This flashing the SuperSU.zip file on your redmi 6A device.
5. Then flash the "LazyFlasher.zip" file the same way. If you don't flash the LazyFlasher file, don't boot your phone and get stuck with the mi logo.
6. Now restart your device and it will be successfully rooted.
So you can root your Redmi 6A device this way. If you have any questions about this manual, please let us know in the comment. We will be happy to respond.